Subscribe:

LG Optimus S Review

Pros :- The LG Optimus S is the latest Android smartphone that has made its appearance on Sprint. With the new Sprint ID interface features, this baby will have your mouth drooling. It’s short, compact, and seriously adorable - saying no this phone could just be pretty hard. In this case, bigger isn’t always better.

Cons :- The phone quality, the camera, and the internet were not what I expected. They were average and could used some fixing.




 This Optimus S is where compact meets sexy. With the soft touch paint and beautiful 3.2 inch touch screen combines a sort of familiar look for Android fans. You see that the common row of Android buttons (Home, Menu, Back, and Search) is laid out for you and they are hardware buttons. Each is ringed with chrome and has a nice firm click, no sticking what so ever. To the right, you find the volume rocker – it sort of difficult to find when you’re making a call and need to turn up the sound a few notches. To the left there is the microSD card slot – the slot port cover is rather tight. At the top there is the power / screen lock button – which is easier to find in such a hurry. There is also the 3.5mm headphone port. And the entire back comes off so easily showing the entire battery. The camera button has more of a volume you could say? The other buttons were way to shallow. But the camera and voice dial buttons are placed way to adjacent to each other, I had some difficulty telling the different between the two after awhile. After awhile you will get the hang of it, but it is inevitable to hit the camera button when you dial the phone.

I found the sound quality was actually a huge let down, I heard fuzz almost every three seconds but the voice was complete clear on both ends. After my fifth call all problems seem to have disappeared. The callers could hear with me without fault and I could hear them as if there were standing next to me in person. There were a few call drop outs reported from my partners on the other line. And I found that the sound was rather low at times too. The vibrate was one of the strongest I have ever come across. You will definitely feel your LG Optimus S in your pocket no matter where you are – concerts, parks, coffee shops. Signal strength was great; I had no problems with having my bars drop below three. I tested out my top three Bluetooths and call quality was the same. So the overall call experience was rather confusing to describe because it has its ups and its downs, but I would say that it is pretty average. 

The Optimus S battery life was average, the more you used the apps, games, internet, ect, the more the battery died out. Normal days for me, I had to charge at least once about sunset during my testing days. I would have it charging all night long, unplug it by 8 and it would be time to charge it again by at least 6.
The virtual QWERTY keyboard was nice. Easy to type, no trouble with touch the letters I needed to be typed, and it never froze once. Picture messaging wasn’t working at first. I could figure out why it wouldn’t send the photos to my phone and why it wouldn’t even receive the ones I sent from my phone. This phone has the typical social networking experience all phones seem to have today. With the Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter apps, you will be completely satisfied to and will have ways to talk to all of your friends and let them know how much you love your new Optimus S.

The camera was seriously slow to open. It took me a full minute to watch it load. Yes a minute isn’t that long, but for some people have being used to the three seconds – that minute could just be a lifetime. The 3.2 MP camera is not the worst I’ve used but it still isn’t the best. It has many cool features such as white balance, black and white, sepia, autofocus and so much more.

So over all I would have to say that The LG Optimus S is pretty awesome. It’s one of the cheapest Android phones out on the market and just because it’s the cheapest doesn’t mean that it’s not the worst. It is running Android 2.2 – which might I add was a great experience from Android 2.1 phones – and it fully capable of taking whatever you might throw at it. The hardware design was rather elegant and perfect for anyone. Call quality and network speeds were I guess okay, nothing special. And the battery was a bit of a pain but other than that I found this phone was great. The Optimus S really impressed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...